Full width home advertisement

Travel the world

Climb the mountains

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

An esteemed news anchor and fearless radio broadcaster, Mike Enriquez lived up to his moniker as the “Imbestigador” – one who investigates, one who dares question, one who makes perpetrators accountable. 
Via his nightly newscast 24 Oras, weekly investigative program Imbestigador, and daily radio program Saksi sa Dobol B, Mike Enriquez worked hard to established himself as one of the most credible broadcast journalists of the country. Students who hope to enter the world of mass media look up to him. In the recent Values Formation of the 2014 GMA Network Excellence Award awardees and finalists, “Booma,” as he is fondly called by colleagues, gave them lessons that no text book can teach – lessons he learned from his more than four decades in the business. If you’re an aspiring media practitioner, a budding journalist, or even a veteran in the field, do take note.

1. Give your best in whatever you do. “When I wake up in the morning, I give it my best. Whether I’m working or I’m taking a shower, or I’m praying… I always give it my best.”


2. Be ambitious, but in the right manner. “’Wag kayong pa-obsess sa awards. Darating ‘yon. I don’t go on my newscast every night thinking, ‘God, what award will I win tonight?’ Let it come and it will come.”


3. Be rooted in your principle so that it becomes your second nature. “I’m very very clear about the values that I’m supposed to practice.


4. Being a member of the media is not a job; it’s a calling. “I’m very clear about the obligation that comes along with our vocation. Not profession, not job, not work. Para sa’kin, ang ginagawa natin, isang bokasyon. This is a vocation. Everything we do, buhos. Hindi pwedeng kalahati lang.


5. Whatever your position is, treat everyone equally. “Walang sinuman ang nabubuhay para sa sarili lamang.” 


6. Give back. “If people say you’re a success to all of them, then your reality check is this: The more successful you are, to whom much is given, much is required.”


7. Mistakes are mistakes, big or small. “There are these people who go around saying, ‘Maliit lang na failure ‘yan, OK lang ‘yan.’ I don’t subscribe to that. ‘Maliit na sabit lang’ yan, OK lang ‘yan.’ Pag sabit--sabit. Parang magnanakaw ‘yan eh. Magkano ninakaw? Isang libo. ‘Yung isa, magkano ninakaw? Isang milyon. Sa’kin, ‘yung isang libo at isang milyon nakaw ‘yun pareho. Some people try to justify or alleviate or lighten the responsibility.

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib